- You should know that the instructions written on this post are meant to HTC One M8 smartphone only, then do not try it if your device is other model, remember that to avoid bootloop or other technical issues.
- As usual it’s wise to firstly backup your existing data before starting anything toward your smart device.
- HTC doesn’t support or encourage you to flash modified software therefore your warranty will be nullified. And all the risks are yours to bear. Remember that guys.
- Your HTC One M8 bootloader should already be unlocked and have installed a CWM recovery.
- Your HTC One M8 is rooted already.
- Remember to follow the steps entirely and do not skip any steps.
- USB debugging mode of your smartphone should already be enabled.
Download the following ROM zip file to your computer or to your laptop.
- Candy5 Android 5.1.1 ROM.
- Google Apps zip file too.
Instructions on how to install Candy5Android 5.1.1 ROM on HTC One M8.
- As usual you need to transfer the zip files of the ROM and Gapps to your device.
- When all the files transferred then you can disconnect your HTC One M8 from USB cable.
- And then turn off your smartphone to enter the Fastboot / Bootloader mode by turning it on while your fingers pressing the keys; Volume Down + Power.
- When you are inside the recovery mode (CWM), you can select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- You must now select the Wipe Cache Partition. And you can continue selecting the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to search the Candy5 ROM zip file, when you have found it, then install it.
- When the entire flashing processes have done you can select *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Reboot now because your smartphone needs it.
- Well done my friend all.
Well done my friend because you just managed to update your HTC One M8 to the Android 5.1.1 LolliPop software using Candy5 custom ROM. So you can enjoy all the decent features offered by it and see it yourself how good they are.