Things you need to firstly fulfill before installing the Pure Nexus Project is rooting your device and install a custom recovery app like CWM or TWRP and the kind, but on this post we will use ClockWorkMod / CWM recovery as its considered the best to do its job on helping us flashing a custom ROM, so are you ready guys, let’s do it.
Anyway I invite you to firstly read the preconditions first.
- Root your device first.
- Your device has already have CWM recovery installed.
- Backup everything you regard precious before starting the flashing process.
- Remember that to follow the instructions written on this post you need to have a Nexus 5.
- Do not forget to make your device’s USB debugging mode enabled as we will connect your device to PC.
- Follow the entire steps here and do not skip anything.
- Remember that flashing a custom ROM will nullify your device’s warranty.
Neither LG nor Google encourage you to flash this kind of software, instead the companies discourage you to do so, therefore for any results — whether it’s bad or good — you will reap after finishing the process are your responsible.
The following are the files you must download to your PC.
Instructions on how to install Pure Marshmallow Android 6.0 ROM on LG Nexus 5.
- Transfer both Pure ROM and Gapps to your Nexus’s root folder.
- Now disconnect your device from PC when all the files transferred.
- Now you must boot into the Bootloader mode, do so by firstly powering off your device then turn it on again while your fingers press these buttons at the same time; Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Now select bootloader then boot into the recovery mode and then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now you can select the Wipe Cache Partition. When done. You can choose the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now you can choose the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to search the Pure Marsmallow zip file that you have transferred to your Nexus SD Card to further installing the ROM zip file. You need to repeat this step to install the Gapps. Okey?.
- When all the flashing process done you can choose *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Restart your Nexus 5 device.
Well done my friend your Nexus 5 is now powered with one of the great custom ROMs dedicated for the Nexus flagship and enjoy everything it offers.